Nissan xStorage Solar Battery - Specifications, Benefits and Cost
Nissan Energy Solar enables UK homeowners to store any excess energy generated by their solar panels with their Nissan xStorage solar battery. Widely recognised for their cars, Nissan have been striving for more sustainable and energy efficient ways to power everyday life. This began with electric cars but now they’re not only making life on the road more efficient but homelife too by launching Nissan Energy Solar.
If you’d like to speak to a solar installer in your area who can provide tailored advice and a free installation quote for a solar battery, complete our enquiry form now and we’ll put you in touch with up to 3 MCS certified (or equivalent) companies today.
Is it right for your home?
The Nissan xStorage stores solar power, so that you can use it as and when you please, the sun doesn’t even need to be shining.
|Nissan xStorage Specifications|
|Power Options||3.6kW, 4.6kW, 6kW|
|Dimensions in mm (HxWxD)||1230 x 890 x 220|
|Battery Options||4.2kWh, 6kWh|
|Operating Temperatures||0 – 30 Degrees Celsius|
|Installation||Indoor on load bearing wall|
|Warranty||From 5 years for the 4.2kWh system and 10 years for the 6kWh|
Why Buy a Nissan Solar Battery?
- You can store excess energy collected by your solar panels to be used when you need it later.
- Control and track your real time energy storage and consumption from anywhere with the xStorage app. You can even use the app to switch from traditional to stored power and vice versa.
- If you have an electric car then you can use the stored energy to charge it.
Things to Consider Before You Buy
- It is one of the slightly heavier solar batteries on the market, the Samsung SDI weighs 95kg for example.
- With a capacity of up to 6kW it doesn’t store as much energy as some of the other solar batteries on the market, for example the Tesla Powerwall 2.0 can store 13.5kWh
How much does the Nissan xStorage cost?
The Nissan xStorage is one of the more competitively priced solar batteries on the market, with the 3.5kW system available for around £3,000. This price doesn’t include the cost of installation which will differ depending on who carries out the installation.