The UK's leading resource of solar & renewable installation & maintenance professionals
It couldn't be easier! Simply complete our quick enquiry form and get quotes from up to 3 solar installers in your area. It's quick, free and there's no obligation to use any quotes you receive.
We only work with reputable, trusted MCS registered companies which have passed our strict quality criteria, so you can rest assured you'll receive only the very best.
How Solar Guide Works
Tell us your requirements
Fill in our online form and we will supply you with up to 3 quotes from approved local installers. Free.
Receive your quotes
All our quotes are supplied from only MCS certified companies, a requirement to claim your Feed-in Tariff..
Select your installer
After you have received your no-obligation quotes, you can select your preferred tradesman.
Rate your experience
Finally, leave feedback and rate the companies that have quoted for you.
The Benefits of Solar PV
Here's what Solar PV could do for you:
- You get paid for the electricity you generate and don't use The Government's feed-in-tariff pays a set rate per kWh of electricity generated and an additional rate for any exported back to the national grid.
- Receive a tax free income The feed-in tariff is guaranteed by the Government for 20 years and will rise in line with inflation.
- Reduce your carbon footprint Clean energy means you reduce your carbon emissions by up to 1 tonne per annum.
- Produce energy even on cloudy days Panels designed for European countries simply need day light to produce electricity.
Benefits of Solar Thermal
Here's what Solar Thermal could do for you:
- You get paid for the hot water you generate Your solar thermal installation will be eligible for the Government Renewable Heat Incentive – that is a tax free, index-linked payment for seven years.
- Save on energy bills Hot water produced by solar thermal panels offsets the cost of energy that you would otherwise use to heat the water.
- Reduce your carbon footprint Nothing is burned therefore offsetting any carbon dioxide that would have otherwise been produced.
- Heated water for 365 days a year When solar energy is minimal during the winter months a conventional boiler or immersion heater can be used to supplement your hot water.
Feed-in Tariff for Solar PV
Domestic solar installations up to 10kW in size will receive a FiT rate of 3.86p/kWh from 1 October to 31 December 2018, after which degressions will continue to occur every quarter.
The export tariff currently sits at 5.24p/kWh.
RHI for solar thermal installations
The Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) is a quarterly payment over seven years to households who have installed solar thermal systems. The current rate sits at 20.66p/kWh for solar thermal applications.
A consumer's guide to solar PV installation
Are you thinking about installing solar panels but need more information? Our free consumer guide is a great start.Download Guide
Guides, articles & news
All you need to know about Solar PV and Solar Water Heating
How Much Does It Cost to Install Solar Panels in the UK?
This article was updated in August 2018 In 2018 solar panels cost around £6,000 – £7,000 for the average […]
Solar Water Heating: Costs, Benefits & Types
A solar water heating system (or solar thermal technology) uses the sun’s free, renewable energy to heat water for your […]
Solar Panels – Costs, Benefits & Savings
Solar photovoltaic (PV) panels are the most popular type of renewable technology and a cost-effective solution for households who want […]
Choosing a solar panel installer in 2018
So now that you’ve decided to install solar PV panels, you will need to find a professional solar panel installer […]
How Does the Feed-in Tariff Work?
IMPORTANT: The Feed-in Tariff (FiT) will close in March 2019. To benefit from it we recommend getting your solar panel […]
How Do Flat Roof Solar Panels Work?
Solar panels can work very well on a flat roof. Whilst flat roof solar systems are more commonly found on […]
Solar PV – Pros & Cons of Solar Photovoltaic Systems
The term solar PV (photovoltaic) refers to an array of cells containing a solar photovoltaic material that converts solar radiation […]
Solar Batteries – Who Makes the Best Solar Battery?
This article was updated on 26th October 2018 Did you know that in just one hour the sun radiates […]
Solar Underfloor Heating
Not only can a solar thermal system provide you with hot water for your home, it can also power underfloor […]
Solar PV panel installation – what’s involved?
Thinking of installing a solar photovoltaic (PV) system on your roof but not sure what this will entail? We’ve put […]
Find your local solar installer
Locate your area on the map for a list of solar installers near you.
Alternatively you can use our postcode search below.
Find a solar installer by city
- Milton Keynes
- Newcastle Upon Tyne