Generate your own electricity with solar PV panels
A solar PV system will start to generate energy for your home from the moment it’s installed. But what happens if you want to know how much electricity you’re generating compared to what’s being consumed? Well that’s where smart energy controls come into their own.
Knowledge is power
A simple and straightforward way to manage, monitor and optimise the electricity you generate with your solar panels, smart energy controls will help your solar PV system to work smarter, making sure you get the most from the electricity you generate.
Get even smarter about solar
Thanks to easy to use smart energy controls, you’ll be able to see when your panels are generating energy, how much available free solar electricity you have and adjust your consumption to match.
Costs & benefits
Smart energy controls start from £1,000 and will:
- Work with your solar PV installation to cut your energy bills and carbon footprint
- Give you peace of mind that your system is performing well
- Tell you how much electricity is being generated in real time
- Allow you to compare how much electricity you’re generating against what you’re consuming
- Shows you how much free solar electricity is available
- Provides you with generation readings for the feed-in tariff
- Let you control your gadgets and appliances via the In-home Display
What do I need to get started?
Once you’ve had your solar PV panels installed, then as long as your home has a wireless broadband connection you’ll be able to benefit from smart energy technology.Close window X
Why use Solar Guide?
- Solar Guide is the smarter way to find trustworthy solar installers operating in your area.
- It's free and easy - tell us what you need and we'll find up to 3 approved solar specialists on your behalf.
No-fee, no-obligation and no-hassle.
- Only MCS certified companies are permitted to quote for Solar PV enquiries to ensure you can benefit from the Government’s Feed-in Tariff.
- Track the progress of your quote request and company ratings through the ‘My Job’ admin screen.
- We regularly check ratings and reviews of registered companies to ensure you get only the best.
Don't just take our word for it...
Our feedback system only accepts ratings from customers introduced to companies via Solar Guide. This ensures all reviews are genuine and trustworthy.