About these figures
- Our calculations are unbiased representations of potential payback from Solar PV. To firm up these figures you should arrange a quote from an MCS certified company, this is a requirement of the Feed-in Tariff.
- For free, we can contact up to 3 certified companies on your behalf to arrange a quote.
Based on the details above we estimate your annual income and overall investment payback to be as follows:
|Investment in 2.90kWp System: *||£ 5,800.00|
|First Year:||Income from Feed-In Generation Tariff @ 15.44p/kWh:||£ 361.09|
|Income from exporting energy @ 4.64p/kWh:||£ 70.53|
|Electricity Saving:||£ 117.87|
|Total Benefit:||£ 549.49|
|Payback Time:||8y 8m|
|Total Profit Over 20 years:||£ 12,749.79
10.99 % per year (5.81% AER)
* Current prices for this system may vary so it is important to Compare Quotes from MCS certified installers
More information about the Feed-In Tariff
Calculations include solar radiation and system losses in a central UK location due to Temperature 6.6% and Angular Reflectance 3.1%, as well as other losses (e.g. Cables, Inverter) of 18%. You can change the Inverter/Cable loss and other assumptions if you wish.
|System||Est Outlay||Feed-In & Savings||Pay back time||Profit over 20yrs|
|2.90kWp||£ 5,800.00||£ 549.49pa||8y 8m||£ 12,749.79|
|Year||FiT Generation||Export Income||In-house savings||Balance|
|1||2,339kWh x 15.44p = £ 361.09||1,520kWh x 4.64p = £ 70.53||819kWh x 14.40p = £ 117.87||£ -5,250.51|
|2||2,339kWh x 15.99p = £ 374.01||1,520kWh x 4.81p = £ 73.06||818kWh x 15.84p = £ 129.65||£ -4,673.79|
|3||2,338kWh x 16.57p = £ 387.32||1,520kWh x 4.98p = £ 75.66||818kWh x 17.42p = £ 142.58||£ -4,068.23|
|4||2,337kWh x 17.16p = £ 401.00||1,519kWh x 5.16p = £ 78.33||818kWh x 19.17p = £ 156.76||£ -3,432.14|
|5||2,335kWh x 17.78p = £ 415.05||1,518kWh x 5.34p = £ 81.07||817kWh x 21.08p = £ 172.30||£ -2,763.72|
|6||2,332kWh x 18.41p = £ 429.44||1,516kWh x 5.53p = £ 83.88||816kWh x 23.19p = £ 189.31||£ -2,061.09|
|7||2,329kWh x 19.07p = £ 444.16||1,514kWh x 5.73p = £ 86.76||815kWh x 25.51p = £ 207.93||£ -1,322.23|
|8||2,324kWh x 19.76p = £ 459.21||1,511kWh x 5.94p = £ 89.70||814kWh x 28.06p = £ 228.30||£ -545.02|
|9||2,319kWh x 20.46p = £ 474.57||1,507kWh x 6.15p = £ 92.70||812kWh x 30.87p = £ 250.54||£ 272.80|
|10||2,313kWh x 21.20p = £ 490.22||1,503kWh x 6.37p = £ 95.76||809kWh x 33.95p = £ 274.84||£ 1,133.62|
|11||2,305kWh x 21.96p = £ 506.15||1,498kWh x 6.60p = £ 98.87||807kWh x 37.35p = £ 301.34||£ 2,039.98|
|12||2,297kWh x 22.74p = £ 522.33||1,493kWh x 6.83p = £ 102.03||804kWh x 41.08p = £ 330.24||£ 2,994.58|
|13||2,287kWh x 23.56p = £ 538.75||1,486kWh x 7.08p = £ 105.24||800kWh x 45.19p = £ 361.72||£ 4,000.29|
|14||2,276kWh x 24.40p = £ 555.38||1,479kWh x 7.33p = £ 108.49||797kWh x 49.71p = £ 395.98||£ 5,060.13|
|15||2,264kWh x 25.28p = £ 572.19||1,471kWh x 7.60p = £ 111.77||792kWh x 54.68p = £ 433.23||£ 6,177.32|
|16||2,250kWh x 26.18p = £ 589.15||1,463kWh x 7.87p = £ 115.08||788kWh x 60.15p = £ 473.71||£ 7,355.27|
|17||2,235kWh x 27.12p = £ 606.24||1,453kWh x 8.15p = £ 118.42||782kWh x 66.17p = £ 517.64||£ 8,597.58|
|18||2,219kWh x 28.09p = £ 623.42||1,442kWh x 8.44p = £ 121.78||777kWh x 72.78p = £ 565.28||£ 9,908.05|
|19||2,201kWh x 29.10p = £ 640.64||1,431kWh x 8.75p = £ 125.14||770kWh x 80.06p = £ 616.88||£ 11,290.71|
|20||2,182kWh x 30.14p = £ 657.87||1,419kWh x 9.06p = £ 128.51||764kWh x 88.07p = £ 672.70||£ 12,749.79|
These estimates are calculated assuming tax inclusive pricing including fitting of MCS certified panels to determine the best possible payback. Assuming that you pay 14.4p per unit and that around 35% of the solar electricity that you generate will be used in your home.
- Illustrative solar PV performance figures only. Figures are given in good faith but do not constitute "Financial Advice".
- Exact PV subsidy figures may depend on grants available at particular locations and other factors.
- Your property has an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of level D or better.
- Yearly PV output uses a factored degradation over time based on industry estimates.
- Tariffs shown presume installation after at the new FiT rates
- VAT is included (at 5% where appropriate) unless a new build is specified.
- Photovoltaic Panels will not be shaded (e.g. by Trees or Buildings) as shading affects PV output.
- Assuming that you pay 14.4p per unit and that around 35% of the solar electricity that you generate will be used in your home, having an export meter (you can change such assumptions above).